Amazing team, great clients, and the best work-life balance
Sycamore Veterinary Service in Athens is seeking an experienced, full-time veterinary technician or well-rounded veterinary assistant to join our team. We’re not like the high-pressure corporate practices where you’re just another employee drowning in red tape—we’re privately owned and our environment is breathable, fun, collaborative and committed to your professional growth and quality of life.
We can offer you:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Paid time off
- Pet benefits including free wellness exams, 25% off goods & services
- Free supplement and parasite prevention samples
- Learning and advancement opportunities
- A consistent, stable workplace
- Occasional catered lunches!
We can also offer you co-workers you’ll actually like, and truly amazing clients to work with—we don’t tolerate bullies on staff or on the other side of the reception counter.
You’ll do well in this position if you:
- Have a minimum of 5 years veterinary experience as an assistant or technician and a strong work ethic.
- Are dependable, organized, and make cleanliness a priority
- Have experience or familiarity with Avimark and/or other veterinary-specific software
- Possess great people skills, phone manners, and a sense of humor
- Are flexible—we can go from dead to crazy busy in a heartbeat
- Must be available to open or close on most weekdays (7:30/8:30am to 6:30/7:00pm) and most Saturday shifts (8:30am – 3pm), some holiday work may be required.
Interested in joining us?
Please send a cover letter with a detailed resume and references to Karen Pawly – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athens, GA 30601
Salary: $12.50 to $15.50 /hour